Monday, June 11, 2012

Texas Bucket List!


We are headed up to Paris on Thursday and I will be in hot-as-Hades-TEXAS on Friday! I am so excited!   Here are the TOP 10 things I want to do while in my home sweet home.






1. GET A PEDICURE! I haven't had one since last August before I came over to France... this is embarrassing and so sad. In fact, I may have to get multiple pedicures to make up for all the ones I have missed over the past 10 months! 


2. See an American movie in ENGLISH in the movie theater. So far I want to see "The Lucky One" and "What to Expect When You're Expecting" - I heard they were both great! 


3. Shopping.  Specifically Urban Outfitters, Nordstrom, Forever 21, & Target.   


4. Sno Cones.  TC's Shaved Ice ("Tigers Blood" to be specific).... like, every day. That stuff doesn't even exist over here... at least in our area? Any other ex-pats found shaved ice in France? 


5. Slice and bake cookies, QUESO, homemade margaritas, and microwave popcorn on the couch (maybe not all at the same time) watching TV in English. It's the little things, right?  


6. Two words: Fast Food.  Jakes, Chick-fil-A, Taco Bueno, Wendys, Chipotle, Great Outdoors, Raising Canes. 


7. POOL DAY to help offset the shockingly HOT weather and the painfully pale legs I am currently sporting. 


8. Stocking up on craft supplies: Michaels and Hobby Lobby here I come! A woman on a mission, watch out!


9.  Happy Hours and dinners with FRIENDS... A real social life again for a few weeks to catch up with all my friends. I cant WAIT to laugh with them, speak English at dinner because...that is the language we SPEAK, and hear about what everyone has been up to! 


10. FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY. I cant wait to just sit around the table, eat meals as a family, lounge around, and just enjoy being around each other. This is something I took for granted in Dallas, so I want to make sure I carve out majority of my time for family. 

10 comments:

  1. WOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! You're not the only one counting down days til you get here...

    ReplyDelete
  2. we will make that list happen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to do many, many of those things with you - i would especially love a pool day!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your bucket list sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like the perfect 2 weeks!! Can't wait to see you sweet friend! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm "fixin' to" see my Abby-girl!! Cannot wait!! And I promise we will conquer the bucket list!! XO, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that big Texas picture, I think I need to steal it!
    And I've never gotten a pedi in France either, it's one of my first stops when I'm back in TX.
    Have so much fun, soak up and enjoy every second and tell Texas howdy for me :)
    P.S. there's a Chipotle in Paris now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. And since I've just taken the time to read every single thing in the Texas shape above I had to give a shout out to H.E.B.... HOLLA! I spend a ridiculous amount of time in HEB when I go home, like a ridiculous amount of time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. yay for a visit to texas!! i'm excited to see you at morgan's party! i loved "what to expect"...and boo-hoo'ed a few times. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a great list to me! Have fun in Texas :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...